da Vinci Calendar Highlights
March 5th, Middle School Band Festival, Advanced Band field trip
March 5, 6, 7 & 12, 13, 14, Once on This Island Jr., see website for times and tickets
April 2, Ashland Info meeting, rm 309, 6 - 7:30 pm (mandatory for those going on trip)
March 21-29, Spring Break
April 6, Planning day for end of Quarter 3, no school for students
April 19, Da Vinci Auction, tickets on sale soon
May 1 & 2, Spring Dance Concert
May 7, Spring Music Concert
June 4, 8th Grade Promotion
June 5, Last Day of School
Tickets for the spring musical are now on sale, for $10, all seating general admission. See the da Vinci website for links to tickets on SchoolPay. Tickets can also be purchased at the door.
Is your student in the show?
- Please make sure you are aware of all call times and check Ms. Accuardi’s website for information.
- Volunteers needed! With seven shows and over 100 students in the production, we need help for each one. Please sign up.
- Thanks to the families that contributed snacks throughout the rehearsal days.
- Call times are generally 1.5 hours before the show times and students should leave campus until call time. We cannot supervise students between the end of the school day and call time.
- Are you able to pay the Materials Fee? The suggested $25 helps cover the licensing fee and production costs.
- Invite your friends to come see the show! It's going to be fantastic.
Please use SchoolPay to pre-purchase your yearbook. Yearbooks will be distributed on the last day of school. We welcome photo submissions! If you have any great shots from this year, please contact Daniel Menche at email@example.com for a link to the Google drive to upload or you can email photos directly to him.
Save the date for the da Vinci Auction, April 19 at BodyVox. Tickets will be on sale soon and we’d love a few more team members to make this year’s event a success. Here’s the signup if you can join the team or commit to day-of tasks.
Sponsored by Mt. Tabor MS and Glencoe ES PTAs, the final event in this series is March 5th at Taborspace, 5441 SE Belmont St. from 5:30 - 8 pm. The topic is Racism and Education in Portland Public Schools. Pizza and childcare are available on request.
Here’s the last call for parents and guardians to complete this survey. Your responses will help us understand your experience and set goals for next year. The survey covers topics on school safety, school climate, barriers to family engagement, racial equity and inclusion as well as how well your school fits your student’s needs. Please be honest and thoughtful, and take your time to read and respond to the questions.
Cleveland Cluster Track & Field
There is still time for you to sign up for CHS cluster Track & Field.
Please register by Friday March 6th.
Monday March 9th is our first practice. Cleveland Field. SE 34th and SE Powell. 4:30 pm
Note that da Vinci students interested in Track & Field or any other PIL sport participate with the high school cluster where they live. See the website for contacts and details by cluster.